ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
Erie Insurance Arena recognizes the needs of persons with disabilities, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and makes every effort to comply or exceed with both ADA and state accessibility mandates. In addition, Erie Insurance Arena strives to be proactive in recognizing and responding to the needs of all our guests.
Erie Insurance Arena works hard to promote responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Concessions staff are trained in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP). Guests are expected to obey all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcoholic beverages. In addition, the following items are to be noted:
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and subject to arrest. Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be ejected.
- When sold, guests will be able to purchase a maximum of two alcoholic beverages at any one time.
- All Guests who appear to be younger than the age of thirty-five (35) will be asked to show positive identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages. A Valid I.D. (State I.D., Driver’s License, Passport and Military I.D.) is required for purchase of alcohol if you appear to be 35 years of age or younger. Pennsylvania law prohibits passports and any I.D. from foreign countries as forms of identification.
- Guests are not permitted to bring any alcoholic beverages into the facility, nor are they permitted to leave the facility with any alcoholic beverages.
- For events when alcohol is served, sales will be cut off according to the following general guidelines:
- Basketball – cut off at the start of the fourth quarter.
- Hockey – cut off with 17 minutes remaining in the third period.
- Concerts – cut off is generally one hour prior to the estimated end of the show.
- EIA Management may cut off alcohol sales at any time if deemed necessary and reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to any very intoxicated person.
Animals are not permitted in Erie Insurance Arena with the exception of service animals and service animals in training. Please be sure to check with the Arena staff before bringing any service animals to the game. For more information, please contact Erie Insurance Arena at 814-452-4857.
ASSISTED LISTENING DEVICES
Headsets and receivers for our multi-channel LPB Radio-Aide are available at no charge. Either a driver's license or credit card will be required as a deposit. Advanced notice is requested so the show can be prepared. The arena is capable of providing earphones or cochlear loop devices.
Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs) can be found in the Box Office Lobby on the west end of the building and on the south concourse across from sections 114/214.
As a general rule, guests do not have the opportunity to obtain autographs from athletes or artists. Special team events may offer autograph opportunities. Please contact the Erie Otters at (814) 455-7779 or the Erie BayHawks at (814) 790-5600 for more information.
BAGS & BACKPACKS
Large bags and backpacks are NOT permitted inside the Arena at any time. Guests arriving at EIA with such an item will be instructed to return the item to their vehicle. All bags are subject to inspection.
BANNERS, POSTERS & SIGNS
Some signs and banners may be allowed, but this will vary from event to event; they may not be displayed during the show, event or play due to sightline issues. These items may not be placed around the Arena (walls, railings or suite areas) without consent from management. No poles or sticks to display such items will be allowed in the Arena at any time. Any signs that are deemed offensive, vulgar or commercial in nature will not be permitted.
Our goal is to create a high-energy environment to lend support to our athletic teams and special events while maintaining a wholesome family atmosphere. To ensure that all guests have a pleasant experience, each guest is expected to act responsibly and be considerate of others.
The Erie Insurance Arena Box Office handles ticket sales for all events within the Arena as well as events at the Warner Theatre and most events at the Bayfront Convention Center. Erie SeaWolves tickets are not available at the Erie Insurance Arena Box Office and must be purchased at the ticket windows at UPMC Park or by calling the SeaWolves at 814-456-1300. The Erie Insurance Arena Box Office is open during the following hours:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM or Intermission
- Saturday Event Days: 10:00 AM – Intermission
- Saturday Non-Event Days: 10:00 AM – 2:00 P,
- Sunday Event Days: 12:00 PM – Intermission
- Sunday Non-Event Days: Closed
- Memorial Day – Labor Day: Monday – Friday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
As part of our standard policy, still cameras, without flash, are permitted (no lenses over 100 mm). When cameras are allowed, guests are not permitted to stand in aisles, or obstruct others from viewing the events while taking pictures. Tripods for photographic equipment are not permitted. Monopods are permitted for certain events. Audio and video recording devices are not permitted. The event promoter may restrict the use of still cameras and / or flash photography.
Cellular phones are permitted inside the Arena provided they do not interfere with another guest’s enjoyment of the event.
Changing stations are available in most Erie Insurance Arena restrooms.
CLUB LEVEL/SEAT UPGRADE
There are opportunities to upgrade tickets or purchase tickets to the premium level club. For sporting events, tickets are available for the Club five days prior to the event. There is a $10 upcharge on all Club Level tickets for sporting events and $15 upcharge for special events. For other events, tickets are available five days after the event goes on sale to the public. Meeting Rooms are available to rent for sporting events via the Otters offices.
We are proud to offer a wide variety of concession items and options at Erie Insurance Arena. There are permanent concession stands located throughout the arena offering a wide variety of choices to satisfy all different tastes of our guests.
Every event at the Erie Insurance Arena has a different policy for masks, vaccinations & tests. Please check the event description for more information. For Erie Otters games, masks are not required, but strongly recommended. Vaccinations & negative tests are not required.
Depending on the event, doors/gates typically open 60 to 90 minutes prior to the face-off, show start or tip-off of each event. Please call 814-452-4857 to verify times for the event you plan to attend.
DROP-OFF / PICK-UP LOCATION
Guests are permitted to drop-off near the west entrance off of 8th Street. The parking spaces in the loop are reserved for disabled guests only.
Guests may be ejected for various reasons including, but not limited to, the following:
- public intoxication
- disruptive behavior
- profane, obscene or abusive language
- throwing objects onto the ice, floor or stage
- consistently disregarding facility policies
- breaking the law
- any action that, in the opinion of Erie Events or EIA Management, places other guests in danger or reduces their enjoyment of the event
Guests wishing to use our elevators will find two available for use.
- North east corner of the building. Access to north concourse and north club level
- South west corner of the building. Access to south concourse, west concourse/lobby, south club level, Premium level club and floor seating (if in use).
We always accept applications for all departments including Guest Services, Operations, Housekeeping and Maintenance. Interested persons should be directed to the Erie Insurance Arena Administrative Offices to complete an application. Applications are also available on-line at http://www.erieevents.com/about/employment_opportunities.htm .
Family Restrooms are located in the following locations; the south concourse behind section 114, the west concourse behind section 110, the Club Level near suite 301, the Club level near suite 322.
First Aid is located on the concourse level at the southwest corner behind section 114/214.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Food and beverages (including alcohol) purchased outside the Arena will not be permitted into the Arena at any time. Concession stands are conveniently located throughout and sell various types of food and beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.
GENERAL ARENA POLICIES
No outside food or beverage to be brought into the building
Patrons are to sit only in the seats for which they have tickets
Patrons are not permitted to move to a higher priced seat
No smoking or e-cigarettes
No standing on the seats
No standing on the rails
No sitting, standing or blocking any aisles, doorways or exits
No abusive, profane or obscene language
No conduct determined to be vulgar, obscene, violent, threatening or inciting
No throwing of objects
No hanging on the glass
No non-plastic cans, bottles or containers permitted
No horns, cow bells or other artificial noise makers
No running or horseplay
No underage drinking
No roller shoe use in the building
No excessively large flash that would block another patron’s view
Children are not permitted to play in the concourses
Solicitations are not permitted
Group tickets are available for some sporting and entertainment events. Tickets may be purchased by phone for concerts and special events at (814) 452-4857. Please contact the Erie Otters at (814) 455-7779 or the Erie BayHawks at (814) 790-5600 prior to game day for sporting events.
The Erie Otters and Erie BayHawks Fan Assistance location is on the main concourse at Section 111. Ticketing issues can be handled at the Box Office concourse windows on the west concourse. Medical issues and injured guests should be directed to the First Aid office on the main concourse. Lost and found items should be taken to the Administrative Offices inside the 9th Street Entrance of the arena.
GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
No guest with a disability is to be excluded from, or discriminated against, with respect to service that is offered at Erie Insurance Arena because of his / her disability. Erie Insurance Arena accommodates guests with disabilities by providing designated disabled parking, wider doorways, accessible water fountains, accessible concession stand counters, accessible seating, elevators, and accessible restrooms. Guests who require interpreting services for an event should contact Erie Insurance Arena Administration at (814)-453-7117 a minimum of three weeks prior to the event date to ensure services. We cannot guarantee later requests.
ITEM CHECK – coat check, cameras, etc
Unfortunately, the Erie Insurance Arena does not offer item checks. Any item brought to the Arena that is not permitted, must be returned to the guest's vehicle or disposed.
Erie Insurance Arena serves the right to inspect any and all items entering the facility. Guests who refuse a search will be denied entrance to the facility.
Laser pens or any other type of laser object is strictly prohibited from the Arena. Any guest found using such an object is subject to immediate ejection from the building as well as confiscation of the object.
LOST & FOUND
During an event, all Lost & Found items are turned in to the Administration Office. Once the event is completed, all unclaimed items are kept in our main administrative offices. To follow-up on a lost item, please call (814)-453-7117.
Media should make arrangements with the Erie Events Marketing Department for event access. Media requests for sporting events can be made directly with the Erie Otters or Erie BayHawks.
Merchandise sales will vary depending on event. Merchandise sales are typically located on the main concourse by Sections 109 & 112.
No extraneous noise-making devices are permitted inside the Erie Insurance Arena. These items include but are not limited to: horns, whistles, air horns, and cow bells.
Erie Insurance Arena is located along French Street between 8th and 10th. Parking is available in two city garages located at 8th and French Streets and 10th and French Streets. The event rate for these garages is $4. Parking is also located across from the arena on 8th in the Erie Insurance garage. Event rate for this garage is $5. The Erie Insurance garage opens 90 minutes prior to event start time. Limited metered street parking is available in the blocks around the arena.
There are no pay phones or public phones within Erie Insurance Arena.
- Animals (except service animals)
- Coolers or containers (includes cans and bottles)
- Fireworks, Flares or Explosives
- Food or beverages
- Beach balls
- Illegal Drugs
- Laser Pointers
- Air horns, cow bells, percussion items or artificial noise makers
- Signs that block advertising or the views of other patrons.
- Garments or Signs with explicit language, profanity or derogatory characterization direction toward any person. Determination of appropriate messaging is at the sole discretion of Erie Insurance Arena
- Monopods, tripods (excluding media and approved photographers)
- Selfie Sticks, Poles, Sticks
- Wrapped Gifts
- Skateboards, Segways, Scooters, Rollerblades, Bicycles, Hover Boards
- Portable Chairs
- Wallet and other chains of dangerous or un-necessary length
- Tables and small lap top computers (Concerts and Special Events – Okay for Otters/BayHawks)
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts, ads or flyers without consent from Arena or Team Management.
- Pepper Spray & Mace
- Weapons of any kind: - In accordance with Pennsylvania’s “concealed carry” law and the right for private entities to ban handguns on their premises, firearms and other weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden on the premises of Erie Insurance Arena.
There are additional items (those that pose a threat to guests, staff and artists depending on the type of show and the audience demographic it attracts) that may be prohibited for a specific event. In addition, different artists have different preferences as to what they will and will not allow during their performance.
Guests of Erie Insurance Arena may not leave the facility and then re-enter. An unscanned ticket must be presented to enter the facility.
All restrooms are designed to be accessible to our guests with disabilities. Men’s restrooms are located near sections 101, 105, 108, 114, 118, 121, 308, 316, in the meeting room hallway and in the lower lobby. Women’s restrooms are located near sections 102, 104, 107, 108, 114, 116, 119, 120, 301, 308, 314, 322, the meeting room hallway and the lower lobby.
- All doorways, aisles, staircases, and walkways must remain clear at all times.
- All exit doors must be kept clear to the curb.
- The clear width of the exterior doors must be maintained throughout the lobby or concourse.
SEAT NUMBERING SYSTEM
- The lowest numbered seats are always on your right as you face the stage or playing area.
- Section numbers and corresponding levels are as follows:
- F-Numbered Sections Floor Seats
- 100 Sections Lower Bowl
- 200 Sections Upper Bowl
- 300 Sections Club Level
The venue seats 6,716 for hockey, up to 7,500 for basketball and up to 9,360 for concerts.
Scalping is not permitted on Erie Events property.
No smoking. No re-entry.
SOLICITATION/DISTRIBUTION OF LITERATURE
Rules, procedures and approval for petitioning or distribution of leaflets is at the discretion of the event promotor and is strictly prohibited with prior approval.
Guests with strollers are welcome, however, the use of strollers should not interfere with other guests or block entryways or aisles. Strollers should be stored in the nearest location that does not block an aisle, entryway, etc.
There are 14 suites at Erie Insurance Arena. Suite holders are permitted to remain in their suite up to an hour after the conclusion of each event (unless unusual circumstances dictate otherwise – i.e. multiple events in one day). Please contact the Administrative Offices at 814-453-7117 for rental and purchase information.
TAXIS - RIDE SHARING
There is no cab stand at Erie Insurance Arena. Yellow Cab of Erie can be reached at (814) 461-TAXI. Ride Sharing services can be utilized along the arena on 8th Street.
Accessible seating is available at all price levels and on each level of the facility (accessed by elevators). As with all tickets, they are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact the Box Office to make arrangements prior to the event day. If guests arrive for an event and need accommodations for accessible seating, please contact a Guest Services Represented.
For most events, any child two years or younger does not need a ticket, but is required to sit in the lap of their parent or guardian. However, some family shows have different policies by which we must abide. These policies may vary from event to event; please call (814) 452-4857 for information about a specific event.
Lost / Stolen Tickets
Guests should contact the Box Office at (814) 452-4857 prior to arrival.
Purchasing Tickets During an Event
To purchase a ticket for a future event, the Box Office Advance Ticket Windows are located behind Section 111.
Drinking fountains are located on the main concourse behind sections 101, 105, and 115. There are also fountains in the lower lobby and the meeting room hallway.
Pre-ordered tickets and tickets left at Will Call can be picked up at any window at the Erie Insurance Arena Box Office with valid photo ID.